Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Showered With Love

It is not too often that you have the opportunity to spend an afternoon with all the people in the world who are most special to you. My sister, mom, mother-in-law, and great friend Nadia threw me an amazing baby shower with delicious food and great company this past Saturday! I am still in awe of everyone’s generosity! We got almost everything we need to welcome baby Kyle into the world. He sure is one lucky baby to have so many amazing people in his life. My mom took tons of pictures but I did not get them from her camera before I left to head back down to the Springs so I am going to have to post some pictures from the event in another post. THANK YOU to everyone who attended, especially those who traveled a long way to be there. It meant so much to me to have everyone there to celebrate with me.

Now our nursery is filled with bags and boxes of gifts that I need to sit down and organize. The nesting instinct is starting to kick-in and I can’t wait to start finding a home for all the gifts we got. I love organizing! Having all this baby gear is also making Baby Kyle’s arrival all that more real. For some reason when I pulled the car seat out of the box yesterday, it really hit me that I am going to have a little baby sitting in there in less than 6 weeks! It seems almost surreal to me at times. I have no idea what being a parent is going to be like, but I can’t wait to find out.

At 34 weeks, I am still feeling pretty good. I am starting to feel the baby put pressure on my bladder, especially when I sleep. I probably get up about 4 times a night to go to the bathroom. I am trying to do some “belly mapping” to determine what position he is in. I am pretty sure he is head down with his legs up. I can feel kicks in my ribs, but I also feel movement in the lower part of my uterus, so maybe that is his arms. I think his back and butt are hanging out on the right side of my belly right now because that side of my stomach is much harder than the other side. There is still lots of time for him to move around so I am not getting to stressed about his position just yet, I am just more curious than anything. I also finally bought some Tums the other day at the grocery store and have not had heartburn/indigestion since…at least I will be prepared if it creeps up again in the next few weeks. Well, that is pretty much all I have for this week. Thanks again to everyone for your generous gifts, I can’t wait to put them to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment