Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Martha Stewart

While I enjoy cooking and crafting, I am no Martha Stewart. I only cook using recipes and follow them to a tee, and crafts have to be very simple and straightforward. You will see no hand sewn items coming from this house; however, I would not mind learning how to use a sewing machine. I would love to make a quilt one day. My grandma Margret and Meersman aunts are great quilters and sewers and sadly the gene did not get passed down, or maybe it has just been untapped all these years, anyway, I digress. I have wanted to make something special for Kyle’s nursery and while I was in Michaels the other day I found the perfect project, painting the letters that spell Kyle’s name. The wooden letters came pre-cut and primed, so all I had to do was buy the paint to paint them. While I was in the paint isle, I stumbled upon already cut and painted animals that I could glue on the letters once they were painted. This craft was getting easier and cuter by the minute!

Matt and I spent this past Memorial Day weekend in Baggs, WY with his sister and brother-in-law who were in town visiting extended family on the ranch. Since riding horses and branding calves was not in the cards for this pregnant lady, I decided it would be a good opportunity to paint my letters. It was as easy as I had envisioned it and I am pleased with the end result. I can’t wait to hang them in his room, let’s just hope we have a Kyle in there and not a Kyleigh :).

The finished product


I also had my 32week doctor’s appointment yesterday and thankfully baby Kyle and I are still growing along right on schedule with no issues. I think I had my first "braxton hicks" contraction over the weekend. I thought it might have just been Kyle moving, causing my stomach to tighten, but after talking to my doctor about it, I am pretty sure it was a contraction. She said now would be the time I would be feeling them, and that they were a good thing because it means my uterus knows how to contract. She says it is good practice for the real deal in less than two months. We have our next doctor’s appointment in 4 more weeks and then we start going every week after that until he arrives. I can’t wait to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment