Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nesting and Fathers Day



All the baby gear we got from the baby shower last week put me into nesting overdrive. I hate clutter and piles of boxes lying around the house (whenever we move we usually have our house completely unpacked in 1-2 days) so I was itching to start getting the nursery ready. I washed all baby Kyle's 0-3 month clothes and folded them neatly in his drawers, organized all the diaper changing and bathing essentials on his changing table, built our stroller, and neatly organized his closet with all the other baby items we received. We still have to hang pictures, pick out a rocking chair, and install the car seat, but I would say that if Baby Kyle were to happen to come today we would pretty much be ready for him. I still have two more weeks until I am considered full-term and three more till my due date so we have plenty of time, but it feels good knowing that I am organized and ready to welcome out little guy into the world. I will post photos of the nursery on the blog once I get all the pictures hung in the next few weeks.

When I start to think about how close I am to the end I get a mix of excited and anxious emotions. I am beyond excited to meet the little man and get rid of this giant belly. However, I am also a bit nervous about becoming a mom. I hope I am good at it! I have very little experience with newborn babies so I will pretty much be learning by trial and error…hopefully I don’t make too many errors. Luckily, I have a great support system of family and new mom friends that I can ask for help. I am assuming that being a new parent is a lot like starting a new job. You feel awkward and unprepared at first, but every day it gets a little easier, and before you know it you have things pretty well figured out.

Well, before I sign off, I wanted to wish a Happy Fathers Day to all the dad’s in my life. I know I am a few days late, but these men deserve a shout out for all they have done for me over the years. Thanks Dad, Jeff, and Mike for being great role models and family providers. I am so thankful to have each of you in my life and I can’t wait for Baby Kyle to meet his Grandpas. Grandpa Bill will teach him the art of remodeling and handy man skills and ensure he keeps up on his math homework, Grandpa Jeff will give him a love for music and teach him how to sing and play the guitar, and Grandpa Mike will teach him how to play sports and understand the ins and outs of the games of baseball and football. I also have to wish a Happy Fathers Day to my wonderful husband. While he is not yet a father to a human baby, he is an amazing dad to our furbaby, Eros, and I know he is going to be an amazing father to Kyle! Baby Kyle can’t wait to go on adventures with his dad and learn all that he has to share about living a healthy, happy, fulfilled life. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment