Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hot Hot Hot



We have all heard the phrase “bun in the oven” when referring to pregnancy. Well, with the heat wave we had this weekend; I really do feel like my belly is an oven! I have to admit that the heat is already getting to me and it is only the first week of June! We reached 98 degree temps this weekend and I am hot! Luckily, we have A/C in our house, but the insulation is not amazing and I don’t feel like it keeps all that cool, especially when it gets this hot. Matt and I invested in a fan over the weekend for our bedroom and that has helped with sleeping, but I have yet to feel really cool since the temperature started rising. I found myself actually enjoying my weekly trip to the grocery store because it was so nice and cold inside! I usually hate how cold the grocery store is and find myself brining in a jacket so I don’t freeze. It is an odd experience being so warm all the time since I am such a cold person usually. Next time around I should shoot for a winter baby. I could use this extra body heat in the winter to keep me warm :)

Well, that is enough complaining from me. As I enter into this last month and a half of pregnancy, and the discomforts start creeping up, I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be carrying a healthy baby in my belly. The miracle of giving the gift of life is not something every woman can do, and I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to carry this baby. When I think about it from that perspective, the discomforts of the third trimester hardly seem worth complaining about.

No comments:

Post a Comment