Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

39 weeks and still pregnant.

So much for my post saying that I thought he was going to come early, must have just been wishful thinking. I don’t know why I want him to come so bad, I am really not all that uncomfortable, as long as I am in an air conditioned building I feel fine, and I am sleeping comfortable at night except for the hourly wake-up call from my bladder to hit the restroom. I think I am just really ready to experience all the hype of labor and delivering a baby. I have heard a range of stories from friends and family about what it is like to have a baby and every woman experiences giving birth so differently. No one story is the same, so it is hard to know what that actual event is going to be like and I am really ready to experience my own birth story. The anticipation of it all is killing me. I have continued to have light cramping and contractions daily for the past week, but nothing regular or intense enough to be considered active labor.

I had my 39 week appointment this morning and everything with baby and I is still looking good. He had a nice strong heart rate on the Doppler and all my vitals are measuring normal. After my doctor's appointment, I told myself that I really just need to start being thankful to have a healthy baby growing in me and stop being so impatient. So my new outlook from her on out is going to be gratitude.

Matt went back to work today after his two weeks of block leave and I am on vacation starting this week until I have the baby so I am working on creating a list of things I want to do to keep myself busy. I think number one on the list is going to be getting a pedicure. Well, that is about all I got for now. Thanks again for everyone’s messages and thoughts. I can’t wait to share the news of baby Kyle's arrival with you all!



39 week belly photo. Looking happy to get my picture take as usual..haha. As of today I have gained exactly 4olbs during the pregnancy. Needless to say, I am definitely looking forward to getting my pre-pregnancy body back :)


1 comment:

  1. Amy, you look amazing! I'm still hoping for the 26th - it's lucky day! Trust me. ;) Enjoy your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete