Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Itching to Run

I just walked in the door from taking Eros for his afternoon walk and got a major itch to go for a long run. It has been rainy and cloudy here for the past few days, but while we were walking the sun came out and the breeze was still. It was perfect weather for a run.


During this pregnancy, I felt too icky to run the first trimester and when I finally got my energy back in the second trimester, I felt too out of shape to run and was worried my heart rate would get too high for Baby Kyle, and now my belly is just too big for it to even be comfortable. And while I was huffing and puffing walking up the small hill to our house this afternoon, my legs were itching to pound the pavement. I miss that feeling you get after a really hard workout. My body is craving endorphins! With spring here and summer approaching, race season in Colorado is in full swing and I wish I could be out there running with my friends.

I would say that I have been moderately active during this pregnancy. I have been walking every day, hiking on the weekends with Matt and Eros, and doing yoga once a week, but it is hardly the workout routine my body is used to. I plan to be a fit mamma once Kyle is born, I can’t wait to get rid of this extra weight. However, I am slightly nervous about taking that first step. I will definitely be starting out at ground zero. I just have to remind myself that I started out barely being able to run 1 ½ miles around Clement Park lake near our house before I joined the Cross Country team in high school and by the end of my senior year I was a running 6 miles like it was no big deal.


In the meantime, I plan to start doing some swimming these last few months of pregnancy. I hear it is supposed to feel really good on your body and be a great prenatal workout. I will probably look into joining a water aerobics class, look out grandmas here I come.! What a far cry from my spin class and kick boxing days…haha :).



As I get ready to hit "publish" on this post the weather it is back to grey skies and pouring rain. All I want to do now is lay on the couch and watch a movie. Thanks God for making my itch to run go away. :)




Trail running in Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment