Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

24 Weeks

I can’t believe I have been pregnant for 6 months! Before I was pregnant, I never understood why people counted their pregnancy in weeks and not months. When someone said they were 24 weeks, I thought, now I have to do the conversion in my head to figure out how far along they are. However, once I got pregnant, and every baby book and doctors visit is measured in weeks, I soon realized why pregnant women count by the week and not the month. Counting by weeks can get a bit discouraging. The other day I felt like I had so far to go still before meeting Baby Kyle, but then I converted to months and realized I am a lot closer than I think! With all we have planned these next four months, I am sure time will fly by.

We had our 24 week doctor’s appointment yesterday and everything checked out great. Baby Kyle’s ultrasound results were normal and we are both growing along on schedule. His heart was beating strong at 158bpm; I could hear it really well on the Doppler yesterday. He is also moving around a lot these days. My belly is huge so he better be enjoying the space! Matt can feel him now too which is cool. We both like trying to provoke him to kick around, sometimes we are successful, and other times he prefers to just keep sleeping. I am also still feeling good! There are times when my back start to ache a little after a long day of being on my feet, but for the most part I can’t complain. We go back to the doctor in 4 weeks for our 28 week appointment which includes the gestational diabetes test. I will keep you all posted on the results.

The nursery is starting to progress. Matt did an awesome job of building all the furniture and it looks great! I still need to get the mattress, bedding, and accent decorations, but I love seeing the start of a baby’s room in our house. Hopefully I can get our registry started this weekend or next, and I will let you all know once it is up and running.

Well that is pretty much the latest. Thanks for reading and hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment