- He still tells me I am beautiful even though my body is slowly changing from its usual athletic self into a pregnant mamma.
- He has taken it upon himself to read all about how our baby is growing and how to take care of it when it enters the world. I often times find myself learning things from him about our baby!
- He tries as hard as he can to make all our prenatal appointments and holds my hand when I get nervous going to the doctor.
- He is understanding of my unusually gassy state…sitting next to me some evenings is not the most pleasant experience, but he never moves away.
- He can always make me laugh when I am feeling down.
- He does not give me a hard time for spending all morning laying on the couch under a blanket as I muster up the motivation to start the day.
- He is perfectly happy with a date night including Papa John’s pizza and me falling asleep on the couch to our latest Netflix movie pick.
- He is understanding of my completely unnecessary and random emotional breakdowns.
- He has fully committed to being my partner in this journey. It is awesome going through this experience knowing I am not alone. I truly feel like we are in this pregnancy together, while I am carrying the baby, he is equally invested and excited for the arrival of Baby Schardt.
Also, as promised here is a picture of the “bump” at 16 ½ weeks. (Note, I really am happy about this pregnancy, but I always feel so awakward taking these pictures that my facial expressions don't relay the happiness. I will have to post some less posed phots on here in the upcoming weeks.)
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!